Subject: Re: #12538 Lens Hood question
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 08:41:24 -0400

At 07:11 AM 10/10/97 -0400, Doug Williams wrote:
>I just purchased a LN used leica lens hood for my 50mm Summicron.  It is the
>#12538 M2/50 Leitz Canada hood.  My question is:  Is there another piece that
>clips on to the end to act as a lens cap when the hood is reversed on the
lens?
>My metal Leitz lens cap will not fit on the lens when the hood is on the
lens.
>Did this hood come with an additional piece - the cap?  Is some sort of cap
>available to fit this lens hood?  Sould I have received two pieces: the hood
>and a cap?

14033 or 14268 are notched plastic caps which fit over the reversed lens
hoods.  Leitz sold these separately;  Leica sells them as a pair when you
buy the lens hood.  But the 14268 is still available new for $20 or so from
Leica.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!