Subject: #12538 Lens Hood question
From: Robert Rose <RJR@usip.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 11:52:56 -0700

<<I just purchased a LN used leica lens hood for my 50mm Summicron. . . .  My metal Leitz lens cap will not fit on the lens when the hood is on the lens.>>

For the same reason, I bought (new) the hood that is made for the current collapsible Elmar 50mm to put on a DR 50mm Summicron.  It screws on, and the metal lens cap fits over it, and it does not have to be reversed; it is ready to use!  Also, the color is exact match to the DR chrome.

I think it was around $40 new.  Is that less than what you paid for the 12538 plus a plastic cap?

It looks like it was made for it!  The "original" hood is black, and I think this is a much nicer looking, and definitely more convenient combination.

Bob Rose