Subject: Re: 28mm/20mm & my Harem
From: Leikon35@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 1997 03:22:56 -0400 (EDT)

 Henning -

 You can't imagine how good it feels to have someone finally agree with me.
  I wouldnt go so far as to compare it with a modern day Summicron, but
  since all my photos are cropped to 8x10, the corner fall-off is of no big
  importance.  I can't imagine that the quality of Leitz lenses vary too much
  from unit to unit, so it must be that the individual photographers are
doing
  different things.  I don't check my lenses by photographing test charts,
  since I am not interested in photographs of a flat plane like a chart.
   Maybe it isnt scientific but I check them by using them like I normally
   would use them, only I will use a tripod to insure no camera movement
   and as I wrote in private mail - I never did compare the bedroom quality
   of one women to another as they all have had their good & bad qualities,
   and since I am almost 70 now I sublimate cameras for women and have
   a large harem of play-things.

<<
 Of the couple of hundred lenses I have owned over the last 40 years, the 28
 Summaron was one of the sharpest. I used to make 6' x 4' enlargements from
 High Contrast Copy (forerunner of Tech Pan) negs developed to a continuous
 tone