Subject: Re: Russar, Orion & other women
From: Leikon35@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 22:09:21 -0400 (EDT)

  Michael and Marc -

  I bought mine at our local Bagnall Camera Expo where a Russian man
 had boxes & boxes of Russian goodies. brand new.  They were all
 gobbled up by dealers even before the show started.  I also bought a
 fake "Luftwaffen Eigentum" with lens, for $250 and it was written up in
 the "Viewfinder" a few issues back.  The engraving (even the Fl 38079)
 was surperb & even impressed Bill Gordon.  Last but not least was a
 Russian copy of the Leitz Stemar.

 In answer to Michael's question of where can he buy a Russar, I can only
 say that you have to buy direct from the Russian dealers at the camera
 shows to get the good prices, as they are marked up every time they
 change hands and I am certainly not going to Czechoslovakia to buy one
 for $125 when I can get one in California for $250. ( thats with
view-finder).

 Quoting from Marc's book, he says "I have in my possession the 20mm
 f:5.6 MR-2 & 28mm f:6.0 Orion15 in both LTM & Contax RF mnt and the
 Russar & Orion are out-standing even in todays crowded marketplace."

 I happen to be a devoted Leicaphile that enjoys playing around with a
 variety of diverse surogates, just as there are many devoted husbands
 that love their wives deeply but still enjoy affairs with other women.

<<
 Gads, Marvin:  I paid $100 for my Russar (with caps and VF, in box), and
 I've seen 'em at shows for $75.  I believe you can buy them new for $125 or
 $150 through Czechoslovkia.