Subject: Re: R lenses
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 1997 08:54:54 -0400

Tom D. wrote:

<<<if anyone has ever seen your photographs done in the hospitals with the
doctors & their patients; I'm sure they would agree you have the "visual
gift">>>>>

"Aw gee whiz, shucks." he said blushingly! :)  Thanks a bunch Tom.

Looking forward to seeing you again and meeting other LUG folks who are
attending. It will be a bonus shaking hands with names on the screen! :)

<<< I'm going to call Leica USA & see if they can bring some of the new r8
standard screens out to Kennebunkport.I've got all split image screens in
my R8s & would welcome using a screen w/o that interference in the middle

That's a good idea, as Ernest Hartmann will be able to make changes without
any concern of trying to do it yourself. Make sure you ask for the "ground
glass screen". It still has the "spot selective circle" marked for
measuring, but gives an absolutely clean screen and is recommended for both
macro and tele lens use. I have used them for years and much prefer it over
the split image screen, as you see everything without any interfering
squigglies.

regards,

ted