Subject: Re: R lenses
From: "Thomas J. Donovan" <75674.3465@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 1997 07:29:54 -0400

Ted Grant,

                            >>you bringing along any prints or slides<<

I shot a lot of print film this summer/fall & all my prints are going to be
too unwieldy
to bring along to Kennebunkport. I'm going to have a tough enough time just
bringing my gear :~)!

Your story about Leica & the cows is interesting. I hope your Leica gear
survived the ordeal!  BTW, if anyone has ever seen your photographs done in
the hospitals with the doctors & their patients; I'm sure they would agree
you have the "visual gift"!

The current debate about the r8/r7 screens is of interest. I'm going to
call Leica USA & see if they can bring some of the new r8 standard screens
out to Kennebunkport.
I've got all split image screens in my R8s & would welcome using a screen
w/o that
interference in the middle ;~)!

I've really gotten to learn how to use my r7/winder/hand grip with my 90mm
Elmarit!
This combo has become, literally, an extension of my hand; I've gotten a
bunch of really nice shots in fast moving situations. Again, getting the
winder/hand grip was
your idea from the Carmel workshop; I'm really looking forward to getting
together with all the other Leica users/yourself next week in
Kennebunkport, Maine ;~)!

Tom D.