Subject: Bantam vs Heavyweight
From: CapsTeeth@aol.com
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 1997 17:23:52 -0400 (EDT)

Just got my chromes back from Bryce and Zion nat'l parks in Utah, compared
the 6x7's (Pentax 67, 45,75,105,200 lenses, mirror locked-up on a Gitzo
320/Manfrotto "super-pro" pan head) on Agfachrome RSX-50, to those shot 99%
handheld with a Leica M2 and 35-50-90 lenses from the early-to-mid '70's, on
Elite-II 100.  On a light-table with an 8x loupe I'd say it's largely a dead
heat with the occasional win going to Leica.  Foreground-background DOF
control by scale (Leica) actually produced better results than visual method
(Pentax).  I was truly blown away.  The only thing I regretted about taking
the Leica rather than a Nikon F3 was not having my little 500mm mirror lens
when I came upon some rope climbers way up on a sheer rock face.

Doc