Subject: R: Off topic: Agfa Ortho
From: "Guido Ridoli" <guirid@numerica.it>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 07:16:15 +0100

Da: Garbutt, Robert <RGarbutt@ncrpexec.telstra.com.au>
> A: 'LUG' <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
> Oggetto: Off topic: Agfa Ortho
> Data: luned=EC 13 ottobre 1997 5.24
>  Oh dear!  Instead of my requested 10 rolls of APX25, a friend
travelling
> overseas has returned smiling with 10 neatly wrapped rolls of Agfa
> Ortho.   Reportedly the salesperson said it was just as good as APX25
> but gave better contrast.
> Has anyone ever attempted to use this film as a print film with close t=
> normal contrast?  Any recipes or experience with this sort of thing?
> The data sheet only has instruction for a gamma of greater than 2.0.
> Thanks for any help.
> Regards,
> Rob.

My friend
AGFA ORTHO has a orthocromatic sensibility and it doesn't  take the red
tonality
then  you will get in your pictures only white, black and a bit of gray.
You can develop it with a safety red light.
I use it sometimes for a strange effects in portraits
Try it.......
     Guido Ridoli
LEICA M  superfan
guirid@numerica.it