Subject: Re:ground glass screen, etc & Talent
From: Leikon35 <Leikon35@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 16:13:43 EDT

<<
 Great discourse on steadiness and how it is achieved, Jim. MLU is
 impossible to do without if you're going to cover all the bases in
 macro and/or long lens work.

 I used to have a VISOFLEX with a rotating prism (made by DAGs
famous father).  It acted as a beam splitter with no black-out and
no vibration.  It was too expensive to make & never went into pro-
duction but I thing they were used some on motion picture cameras.
 I also used to have a device that was called a PLOOT that was
used (even before the VISO I) by Dr. Paul Wolff at the 1936 Berlin
Olympics with the early 20cm Leitz Telyt and it is difficult to imagine
how these photographers ever got great pix with these inefficient
gadgets - so I guess there is no substitute for talent.*****************