Subject: Re: Alf's Leicas don't have winder problems / please read
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 10:07:29 -0500

At 04:04 AM 10/14/97 -0400, you wrote:

>  You are saying what I said last June, that you don't consider the "R"
> to be a true classic Leica but merely an excellent German SLR, and

Classic smassic. Leicas are Leicas are Leicas. The R Leica cameras have
some of the best lenses in the world. They do things the M cameras can't,
Visoflex or not. They are complementary, and any claims of inferiority of
one of the other smacks of something very anti-photographic.

Like who gives a rip if a lens is made in Canada or Germany? Collectors. Do
we rely on collectors to determine what is more usable? I don't think so,
though some are certainly no doubt great users as well, it's their shooting
ability to determine that, not their knowledges of obscure Leica trivia.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

I disagree with unanimity.