Subject: Re: Alf's Leicas don't have winder problems
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 22:45:32 -0500

At 02:04 PM 10/14/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Mayhaps, sir, YOU are too slow and clunky to listen to, when such bizarre
>and wonderful devices exist!

Oh, right. Have you ever used one? Tell us the truth. I haven't in the
field, but just playing with one was enough to convince me. All those
anti-Leica R folks just don't know what they're missing.

Comparing an R Leica to a Nikon FM just shows that Alf must have never used
a Leica R. Their film loading is very easy and reliable. Nikon FMs break
more often than Leica R cameras in my experience - especially the motor
drives! (MD-12 vs. Motor R). The meter is vastly better in every Leica R
from R3 to R8. I've used them professionally for over 10 years. The only
thing missing in them is the Nikon F5's meter and autofocus and motor drive.

>Peter Dechert has spoken:  BRING BACK VISOFLEX!  He suggested
>bumper-stickers.  (My suggestion of the IRA's 'Immediate Action' Peter
>found extreme.)

>Curse not the Viso, which yields both the flexibility of the M and the
>usefulness of an SLR.  Barnack is not to be ignored.  You have been warned.

Barnack would be using both an M6 and an R8 if he was still hanging around.

> I have bovine friends which can soon equate you to Ted Grant's recent
>embarrassment.

Oh crap, you got me there. I've only been peed on by several different
animals.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO