Subject: Re[2]: Alf's Leicas don't have winder problems
From: seungmin@luxmail.luxcom.com
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 97 12:12:37 PST

     Hi,

      Would you call Nikon and Canon cameras SLR.  Leica SLR's are
     different kind of Leica camera than M's.  I wonder what kind logic it
     is based on.

     Regards,
     David

Subject: Re: Alf's Leicas don't have winder problems
Author:  leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us at Internetmail
Date:    10/14/97 12:03 PM

Sorry, Eric, I disagree.

A Leica is a viewfinder camera, and Leitz (GmbH, Solms, etc.) adopted the
name to transfer the Leica's reputation to their SLRs in people's mind.
Simple advertising strategy. But, even when you call an apple an egg, it's
no egg [hey, with that sentence I go into eternity :) ], no matter how much
you pay to some internal or external PR agency.

Alf