Subject: Re: M6 film winding
From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 22:50:20 -0400 (EDT)

Marc, Of course everything can be repaired, even the Titanic could be lifted
and made seaworthy again. It is just a matter of money. The Leicavit MP's are
now bringing US$1500 and up and the parts for repairs are getting more and
more scarce. It is questionable if it is worth spending 100's of $ to fix
them, when in most cases they are attached to collectors cameras, that rarely
sees a film through them.
I divested myself of my Leicavit years ago and although I did make some parts
for a couple of them, just to keep them going, it was not worth the effort.
My own version is simpler, more reliable and it fits M4P's and M6's without
costly modifications to the camera. The only reasons for making the
Rapidwinder for the M2 were to find out if I could and because the M2 is my
favourite model M camera to work with.
Tom A