Subject: Re: You can be true to two......
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 10:26:43 -0400

Eric wrote:

<<<I wish those who haven't used Leica R would stop this fantasizing
about the superiority of Leica M with nothing to back it up but
conjecture.>>>>

G'day gals and guys,

I've attempted to stay out of this maelstrom of working each other over as
to which is better and which is real Leica simply because it is like
discussing sand and gravel.

I use both cameras, several at a time and on occasion 3 M6's and 3 R7's all
dangling and clicking as quickly as I need them. And I do hate changing
lenses. :)

However if you are working and making a living with your gear, I find each
assignment requires often one version over the other.  I realize each of us
has a preference of model, but my experience and preference is guided due
to the assignment and the tools.

Most certainly, not which is a "real Leica"!

Sometimes we get on a roll about the semantics of this subject every once
and awhile and it tends to get out of whack in relation to the realities of
what we use the cameras for.

I would no more think to cover the Olympics with a couple of M6's, than I
would think of using the R cameras, if I were working quietly one on one
with some dignitary in his or her office.

The ____assignment dictates____ the camera I would be shooting with. And
without the right tools for the right moment many of my "happy snaps"
wouldn't have occurred.

I'm very passionate of my "Leica" gear and in particularly the glass that
gives me a consistently reliable image of a quality I admire and has
allowed me to capture moments of real life, that I may not have other wise
done.

The bottom line is, I have those moments using both styles of "Leica"
cameras.

regards

ted