Subject: Ted's Rapidwinder
From: "Lucien_vD@compuserve.com" <Lucien_vD@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 11:58:20 -0400

ted wrote:

>I received a "Rapidwinder" for the M6 made by Tom Abramsson of Vancouver=

>for the M6 yesterday. Quite frankly it's the answer to a virgins prayers=

>for left eyed M6 shooters or other M models. I took to it like a fish to=

>water and it is as natural to use without any thought in handling the
>camera. I've ordered a couple more for the other M6's.

>A marvelous machine and makes the battery driven Leica version look and
>sound like a meccano toy for the innards of a Mickey Mouse doll!

>For those who work with their left eye and enjoy using their M cameras, =
>can't recommend this film advancing attachment high enough.  Your camera=

<never has to leave your eye and for fast moving situations or those quie=
>moments where you must constantly watch your subject through the
viewfinder
>for an hour at a time, then a flurry of action, I can assure you, you ar=
>not going to miss much of the action as you can advance and shoot at abo=
ut
>three frames a second and the camera stays at your eye!!!.

>An amazing machine and I can only say I wish I had them over the past
>twenty years or so. Now I'm never going to be without them! They are
quiet,
>quick and simple to change and reattach just as quick as the normal base=

>plate.

I agree with you Ted and I don't understand why Leica never offer to Tom =
A.
the big bucks to produce it themself.
I know that Leitz invented it , but if you open it, you will see that
the rapidwinder mechanism is much smarter and stronger than the Leicavit.=

Lucien
BELGIUM