Subject: Re: Leica III bottom plate
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 19:28:54 -0700

Hi Alf -

I have a 1936 black III (188201), but with a chrome bottom plate. There are
four screws in a 1 by 1 1/2 inch rectangle at the center of the plate and
two screws along the radius of the "auf" - "zu" markings. It is the oldest
Leica body I have - a sweet little thing that feels like a puppy in your
hands. There was only one other owner before me, and he must have lost the
original black bottom plate and replaced it with a chrome one. Anybody
have a spare III bottom plate in black they want to sell or trade?

Gary Todoroff
datamaster@humboldt1.com