Subject: Re: 35 & 50 M lenses??
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 18:39:02 -0700

Hi Marc,

From Rolleis in the glove box to 50's on the Leica, we certainly share
similar ideas. I have the older chrome 50mm 1.4 Summilux - in fact its
serial number indicates a year prior to what my books say was the first
year of production (prior owner was Roy Bissel, a Leica rep in So Calif who
died 15-20 years ago). It does have an unusual glow at 1.4 and never does
seem to match the quality of the DR Summicron, my regular lens. I really
enjoy enlarging negs taken with the DR - the shadow detail and "sparkle" in
the negs really lights up the darkroom!

Probably I should be a good collector and put the old Summilux on the
shelf. But I'd rather put it on an M3 every once in awhile, take a walk at
dusk or into a dim room and see what develops in the dark. All that Leica
chrome makes an inspiring package for seeing my best!

Regards,

Gary