Subject: Re: Joys of spring
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 23:05:25 -0500

At 02:42 AM 10/18/97 +0800, you wrote:

>Hi Eric,
>
>when you photographed the woman, how did you handle the camera? Did you
>shoot at waist level, or held it up to your eye ?

It was up to my eye. The police had no problem with my being there. And she
didn't notice me for more than a moment. After that, her troubles kept her
attention.

And I have to correct myself. I ended up using the roll of film I shot at
800 ISO, not 3200. I thought it would be better pushed, but when I scanned
them into the computer, the non-pushed film was better. Lots more shadow
detail. Well, thank goodness I had my 1.4 lens!

Which means my exposure was about f/ 1.4 at 1/15 or 1/8 second. Hand held.
I'll have the picture up on my web page tomorrow. (In the news picture
section.)

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

What is the probability that something will happen according to the odds?