Subject: Re: SM-to-M Adaptors
From: lhtseng@math.fcu.edu.tw (Li-Hsin Tseng)
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 18:12:45 +0800 (CST)

>      Leslie - You have to think about this for a few minutes and then
>      you will suddenly realize that while the 28-50 ring will take the
>      LTM 28mm - the ring is actually for the 50mm and will bring up
>      the 50 & 75 frames on your M6.  You need the ring that has only
>      90mm engraved on it, it brings up the 90 & 28 together.
>      If you are not able to find a 90 ring, I have an extra one.
>
>      Marvin Moss

Thank you very much again, Marvin.  I have a question again:

What happens if I use a LTM 28mm with a "50mm adapter ring"
on M6?  (I know it'll bring up the 50/75 frames, but will
every other things be ok, like focusing?)
Does the purpose of a SM-to-M ring includes something
other than (1) adding some distance to flange back and (2)
bringing up a correct frames?
I guess so.  To couple lens focusing to the rangefinder,
some different focal lengths may require different rings,
and therefore there are more than three types of adapter rings.
Or, there are more than three types because they are some for
M3, some for later M2, and some for the M6?

Sorry, if this is a stupid question.
/Leslie