Subject: Ageless Fall colours
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 11:11:17 -0400 (EDT)

 If one wishes to continue with the fun of photography, there isn't any point
to daily struggle attempting to manual focus and then still be disappointed
at the slightly unsharp image results on the light table. --Ted Grant

Ted,

I alternate the Leica M with a Minox 35 and a CL. I use DOF or distance
judgment with the latter two cameras. After about a decade of this method of
focusing, my negatives are uniformly sharp, no matter what the aperture.
Eventually accuracy becomes instinctive -- even with fast 50mm lenses. When
using 35mm lenses I merely leave the distance set at 8' @ f11 in most urban
situations. Eyesight needn't be a problem.

I usually use my AF Nikon with a 35-70 zoom for close-up work and when I must
trust to luck and technology. That doesn't happen often. The more you think,
the less technology you need -- whatever your age.

Bob