Subject: Re: M6 Rapidwinder update!
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 00:57:01 -0400

Joe Berenbaum wrote:

<<<I just want to know- have you used it with a front-heavy lens such as
the Noctilux? How is the balance with that combination? And how slow can
you go handheld before you feel you need to support the lens with your left
hand? >>>>

Hi Joe,

        It is fine with the Noctilux and seems to have a better feel of
balance than without.

My left hand supports the weight of the camera with the thumb and
forefinger focusing.  While the middle, ring and little finger move the
advance lever of the winder.

A very simple action with a completely different feel of operation. And as
far as, " how slow a shutter speed can I still hold and shoot?" I think it
is easier now with the winder attached to work at 1/4 or an 1/8th, than
before.  It just seems to give everything a better balance. Certainly with
the Noctilux.

Hope this helps.

ted