Subject: Re: Leica and blue
From: "Jacques Bilinski" <jbilin@axionet.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 23:20:57 -0700

> <<Blues, esp. the sky, seem to be *much* more saturated than I'm used to
and more than I remember with this film. . . .    Am I experiencing some
kind of "Leica thing"? Did I get an extra good
> batch of Kodacolor VR? Is my opthalmology appointment overdue?>
>
> Do they look like you were using a polarizing filter, but you weren't?
Yes, I have seen the same thing in my pictures.  I have no idea why.  I
don't think it was the film, since I get this effect on Fuji print film.
So, it must be a Leica thing.
> Bob Rose

I read that Leica lenses filter UV light and therfore do not require UV
filters, except to protect the lens if required. Since UV light tends to
lighten skys, this could be the reason.