Subject: Re: Rambling on about Cuba....
From: Michael Goldbard <m@gbard.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 17:29:09 -0700

Patrick and Duane,

While I can't share any firsthand experience of Cuba having never been
there, one fortunate aspect of the Cuban revolution has been the insulation
of Cuban musical culture from many recent outside influences which might
otherwise have submerged it.  While American popular music caters to the,
IMHO, somewhat undeveloped tastes of adolescents and young adults, Cuban
music is sophisticated, complex and polyrhythmic, intended for an adult
audience.

So while the pleasures of "ron del barrilito" and peerless cigars might
hold some attraction, I'd prefer to spend my nights at El Palacio de la
Salsa with a permanent grin induced by Los Van Van or one of the other
great bands with which Cuba brims.

The beauty and charm of the Cuban dancers at their resplendent best would
likely provide many memorable photos for the M camera user.

	Michael