Subject: Re: Buying an M6...
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 16:10:42 -0700

On 23 Oct 97,  dannyg1@IDT.NET wrote:

<snip>

>If Leica were to intro the M7 in the meantime, it could be
> decades before your camera would have collector value again.

With as many M6s as there are out and about, Simon, it may be decades
to collector value even if Leica doesn't introduce an M7.

Me, I'd prefer to keep peace with the Chancellor of the Exchequer by
explaining that it will probably lose less value than any other
photographic instrument over time, and, most important, it will take
the greatest pictures of her/your children/your grandchildren/her
mother/her fat, but wealthy aunt etc.

That may even be stretching things a bit, but it'll fly!
- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer
       Leica Historical Society Of America
       mailto:beamon@primenet.com

                EQUALITY:
   Prosperity or egalitarianism--you have to choose.
   I favor freedom--you never achieve real equality anyway;
   you simply sacrifice prosperity for an illusion.
               -- Mario Vargas Llosa