Subject: Re:Gold Plated Specials @ Alfredos
From: Pixoptik <Pixoptik@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 1997 00:15:47 EDT

<< Why on
 earth anyone would want such an animal is beyond me.
 Harrison - There used to be a So. American man here in New Orleans, by the
name of Alfredo (Alfredo's Camera Shoppe).  He made a lot of money from Gold
plating any Leica Camera so desired, of which most were sold to Neiman Marcus.

Very few of these cameras were ever used to take pictures but since the Leica
had become a STATUS SYMBOL  to the _ss-holes of the world, he was merely
capitalizing on it.  There also was a man in So. Caifornia by the name of
"Nudie"
who actually had a gold plated Cadillac & his gun shoppe specialized in
selling
gold plated guns.  Please remember that Leitz started this whole thing by gold
plating Mod. I (A)s & covering them with reptile or crocodile skin (Luxus).

 My dear mother wore a gold wedding band & there was a famous Negro Jazz Man
that had diamonds set into his front teeth.  So far, I don't know of any
camera inset
with diamonds - but who know what the future brings.

 Flor Flory