Subject: Re: 1.5/85 Summarex/Marc
From: Leikon35@aol.com
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 1997 11:34:12 -0400 (EDT)

    The info that I had was that the first 90 went to the German Military
   during the war & the 2nd 90 went to the American Military after WW2.
   It is also of interest, if true, that it was the first of the Leica lenses
to be
   coated during the war.  Anyway, Paul Gee owns it now since he was
   the only one interested when I had it listed for sale in the Leica
Catalog.
      Marc - if you have any further info, I sure would like to hear it.

   Marvin Moss
<<
 >As you know, I had a
 > black 85/1.5 Summarex which was truly a rare item but it commanded
 > a much lesser price than the more in demand Thambar ($3K vs 5K)

 Ah, now THAT is an interesting lens, with an interesting story.  A Wartime
 expedient, it filled a gap in the Leica lens range until the
 near-perfection of the 2/90 could be marketed.

 Marc

 msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
 Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!