Subject: Re: Uncoated is better ?????
From: Leikon35@aol.com
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 1997 13:15:55 -0400 (EDT)

<<
 Some of the early Summarex lenses are coated, but most are not, as, to this
 day, surveillance lenses are often uncoated, as performance is better in
 low-light conditions with uncoated optics.

  Marc - Would you please elaborate on that "performance is better in
  low-light conditions with uncoated optics", as I can't for the life of me
  understand how this could be since hi-speed lenses like the Noctilux
  are designed to be used in LLC and they are coated.

   Marvin