Subject: over-shade cap for 35mm Summicron?
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@instinet.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 14:39:26 -0500

I'm sure this must be an exceedingly common wish:  has anyone made a cap which
fits over the shade on the last-pre-Asph 35mm Summicron-M?  As most must be
aware, the lens comes with a press-fit cap which fits over the shadeless lens,
and the shade.  With later offerings, Leica have supplied covers which fit
*over* the shade.  Clearly, on a camera likely to be used at any minute, the
shade should live on the lens, but it'd be nice to keep cruft off the front
element.

Has anybody fabricated for sale a pleasingly-constructed solution to this
problem?  I'd certainly buy one, and I can't be the only one.  Or is there
an existing Leica part meant to go somewhere else which can be used?  I'm
somehow not inspired to take a stab at it with cardboard and tape...

- -J