Subject: Re: Replying
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@instinet.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 17:11:44 -0500

Donal Philby writes:
> Strangely, with some people's posts
> the reply-personally works and with others it doesn't
[...]
> Perhaps someday there will be increased compatibility of email systems
> and standards.

The standards work.  It's not clear that Netscape as an email client is an
optimal choice, however.

> but sends to list
> no matter what unless I do the whole address change/delete.

So... this implies that Netscape 3.0 may or may not populate the fields
correctly, but some hand editing would set things right?  Sounds as if the
choice is:

  - hand-check the To:, Cc:, etc. fields each time one sends a message,
    editing if necessary (gee, I thought we were supposed to do this
    habitually anyway);

 or

  - find an email program which better suits one's needs.

 Jeff