Subject: Re: Special M6's
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 19:03:25 -0700

On 27 Oct 97,  Jeff Moore wrote:

> James Lager refers to these somewhat disparagingly in one of his books
> as `panda' M6es, and allows as how he doesn't find them pleasing to
> the eye.  Funny thing is, he said nothing of the sort when he sold me
> mine (new, in the late Eighties) at Ken Hansen!  :-)
>
> I happen to find the look rather fetching, although it could of course
> be that I've just grown acclimated to and fond of the looks of my own
> personal instrument;  but to me, a chrome-on-chrome M6 looks really
> bland!

<snip>

Agree, Jeff. I, too, like the look and one of these days, when I find a
mint- example at the right price, I'll buy it!

- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer
       Leica Historical Society Of America
       mailto:beamon@primenet.com

          Thought for the day:
      Intuition (n): an uncanny sixth sense which tells people
      that they are right, whether they are or not.