Subject: Re: Roll Call
From: Carl Socolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 23:26:57 -0500

Carl Socolow, 42
Married 10 yrs. to wife Holly; 17-year old stepdaughter Samantha
Commercial and Advertising photography and owner of Socolow Photography

Fell in love with photography and cameras the first time I picked up my
father's IIIg. Since then I have had a camera in my hands since 1970.

Graduated with B.A. in English Language Literature with assorted
interests in philosophy, psychology, sociology, Asian religion.

Have predominantly used Canons while working for weekly paper for two
years and daily paper for four years. Started my business in January
1984.

Bought used Leica M2 with 35mm Summaron 3.5 SM with M adapter
Have since bought M3DS
35 Summicron
50 Summilux
90 Tele-elmarit
These I use for my personal work and for the pleasure I still discover
with photography.

For my work I still have a couple old Canon F1-n bodies, an FTbn and a
smattering of FD lenses; also a T-90.

Mostly, when I use 35mm I use a couple EOS A2E bodies and the 17-35L 2.8
and 70-200L 2.8 zooms.

Primarily, I use:

Hasselblad 503CW
Hasselblad 500 CM
Hasselblad 500 ELM
40 CF FLE Distagon
50 CF FLE Distagon
60 CF Distagon
80 CF Planar
120 CF Makro Planar
180 CF

Also Cambo 4x5 with:
65 Rodenstock Grandagon 4.5
75 Caltar IIN 6.8
90 Caltar IIN 5.6
120 Schneider Super Angulon 8.0
210 Caltar IIN 5.6

And my beloved Crown Graphic.

I love visiting France and doing street photography there. Trying to
rediscover this country via my photography. Sometimes it seems like a
job, though, and that's where the Leica rescues me.