Subject: Roll Call
From: Bill Grimwood <bgrim@garply.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 09:34:32 -0600

Bill Grimwood
Huntsville, Alabama USA
Age 53 Married 34 years
son civil engineer
daughter insurance agent

B.S. university of North Alabama 1966
graduate work at 5 universities but no degree.  You go where your employer
sends you.

2 years U. S. Army
2 years as a vocational counselor for the State of Alabama
9 years Personnel Manager for Dunlop Tire & Rubber Corporation,  and I also
did the photography for their national advertising account.
19 years self employed as an Independant Insurance Agent and do a little
free lance photography

My love of photography begain when I was 9 years old and started using my
mothers Brownie 616 box camera.  My first 35mm was an Argus C3.
Bought my first Leica about 17 years ago and was amazed at how much better
the Summar lens was that my current Pentax lens on my SLR.

I now have an M6 and other M cameras with lenses from 21mm to 560mm.
Also have R4, R5, R6.2, R7 and R8 with lenses from 19mm to 560mm
Medium format Hassy and 3 lenses and I also shoot 4X5 for Landscape B&W

I am an avid user and collector. I became a collector when I was in the
Army and then naturally gravitated to Leicas.  I am a scratch and dent
collector because I cannot afford the really nice and expensive items.

LHSA member, My wife calls it the Leica Hysterical Society of America, but
I say pay for this or pay for the psychiatrist, take your pick!

My collection consists of approximately 250 cameras, 102 Leicas, 44
Rollei's and various other cameras including Graflex.

Have my own darkroom and am in the process of complementing it with a
digital darkroom using a HP Photosmart scanner and Photoshop, have not
deceided on what printer yet.

Attended Fred Pickers Zone VI workshop and really enjoyed it but I want to
attend one of Ted Grants workshops if they ever have one close by.  My
photographic pursuits are mostly landscape and travel.

Other Vices: flyfishing, travel, firearms, shooting and camping.  My wife
and I have camped in 49 of the US states.

I love the Leica Users Group and really enjoy the input of all you
professionals.  I consider myself an advanced anateur.