Subject: Re: Roll Call
From: Micheal Bell <MBell@mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 10:45:10 -0600 (CST)

This thread has been very enjoyable to read.

I am Michael Bell, recently turned 32, married 9 years, 2 cats and a dog,
live in Austin, TX.

My degrees are in music.  I currently work in the Media Lab in the College
of Education at the University of Texas.  The only thing related to 35mm
photography in my job is I occassionly show people how to use our copy
stand to make slides.  I show them lower end digital cameras and camcorders
pretty often.  Fortunately we have a darkroom here where I work.  I'm about
the only one that uses it.

Equipment:
M3 DS
50mm DR Summicron (no eyes, alas)
135mm Hektor

R3 (which was given to me by a very kind person)
50mm Summicron

Equipment I borrow often from kind people:
90mm Elmar M
75-200 Vario Elmar

The kind person mentioned above also loans me other R lenses occassionaly
when needed.  Some day I'll be able to afford more R lenses, I hope.

At work I have tinkered around with a Canon F1, Minolta X-700 and Pentax
SP-1000, mainly for macro or slide copy work.  Surprisingly, I made one of
my best pictures ever with the clunky old Pentax and Super Takamur 50mm
macro lens.

Lately I have been doing much copy work of old family photos and slides.

Michael Bell
MBell@mail.utexas.edu