Subject: Binoculars
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 13:40:36 -0500

At 04:16 PM 10/29/97 +0100, Alf wrote:
>Why don't you look for a 10x50 from "Doktor" (follow-up of Carl Zeiss Jena,
>glasses)? They are better than from Zeiss Oberkochen, and you pay 20% of
the Zeiss or >Leitz price only.

At least in the US, that's 20% LESS than Leica or Zeiss.

These are superb binoculars.  I have the following glasses:

Leica APO-Televid spotting scope
CZJ 8x30 DELTRINTEM
CZJ 8x21 TURMON monocular
Carl Zeiss 8x20 monocular
Carl Zeiss 6x42 BGA
Carl Zeiss 10x40 BGA
Docter 8x21 TURMON black
Docter 8x21 TURMON lavender (I couldn't resist ... )
Docter 7x35 BINOCTEM
Docter 8x30 DELTRINTIS
Docter 10x50 DEKARIS
Docter 7x40 DF BGA's
Docter 10x40 BGA Asphericals
Docter 15x60 NOBILEM
Russian 8x30 BPTs5
Russian 7x35 BPTs2
Russian 20x60 BPTs

Of these, the 7x40 DF's are the best for general observing, with a close
second being the 10x40 BGA Asphericals.

(I have almost as many binoculars, monoculars, and spotting scopes as I do
Leicas ... and I've owned a bunch of other Zeiss and Leica binoculars over
the years, as well.)

Those interested in exploring a discussion of binoculars in general, or
Leitz, Zeiss, and Docter off-line are encouraged to contact me privately.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!