Subject: Re: Getting serious
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 23:15:34 -0600

At 03:06 PM, you wrote:

>the textures of the rocks in many of his prints -- but, damn!=A0 The man=
 had
>only one aesthetic conception in his whole life.

Look again. The evolution of his work over the years paralleled his life.
His work in the 40s and 50s were much more dark and moody (when his
personal life got rather strained). His work in the 70s and early 80s
became much more contrasty and  brilliant. Smaller scenes. He did
portraits, closeups, grand landscapes, and even tried color.=20

I think you exaggerate?
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Okay, who put a  stop payment  on my reality check?