Subject: Re: Getting serious
From: "Ken Lee" <ken.lee@hbc.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 08:38:28 -0500

Patrick,

Is that him or "us"?  I have seen portraits of his that are wonderful. He
worked at various times in all formats, in many media (colour, B&W,
Polaroid etc.). For a while he earned a living shooting for others (if I
remember correctly).  "We" (society) choose to remember him for his Black
and White landscapes (mostly large format). Those are the views we bought,
those were probably the ones he was best at and cared the most about.  If
you are going to have "one aesthetic conception " you could do worse (IMHO)
than the world around us (even if it is without people most of the time).

Ken