Subject: Re: Master Adams versus frauds?
From: Vondauster@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 23:31:25 -0500 (EST)

Hi All,

Roger replied as one might expect:

<< I am not able to equate art with the necessary functions of government,
 such as providing for the national defense, road building etc. To make
 this equation, is to allow government total domination of our lives. I
 cherish my right to not appreciate art as much as my right to a
 religion of my choosing or to no religion at all.>

So, of course, I will reply as one might also expect:

The equation of art with domination is, in my opinion, a stretch. One might,
however, make that point regarding "defense."

You are the government in a democracy. Should you consider $22 billion B-2s
more worthy of you money than art, so be it; but that is also a judgement
call.

<< Time in the marketplace will determine what art succeeds and persists.
 This judgment takes time and will appear as cockeyed to many, but it is
 the judgment of the people and is all that matters. >>

The government reflects the will and the judgement of the people - in a
democracy. The marketplace reflects only the judgement of the people with
spare money.

Will von Dauster