Subject: I need help w/50mm Summitar problem
From: Gabe Sachs <egabe@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 22:49:18 +0000

Hi there.

I have a lens that I love.  I use it on my M6 and my IIIf.  It's a 50mm
f2 Summitar lens.  I thought it had some moisture under the top
element,  so I sent it in to have it cleaned.  It came back and the guy
said that there was lens separation and it could not be fixed.  Is this
true?  Is there anyone who can fix it or is it not worth it?

Please let me know.  Any help would truly be appreciated.
Thanks
Gabe