Subject: Re: I need help w/50mm Summitar problem
From: Dennis Painter <dwp@deltanet.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 1997 09:51:12 -0800

Gabe Sachs wrote:

> Hi there.
>
> I have a lens that I love.  I use it on my M6 and my IIIf.  It's a 50mm
> f2 Summitar lens.  I thought it had some moisture under the top
> element,  so I sent it in to have it cleaned.  It came back and the guy
> said that there was lens separation and it could not be fixed.  Is this
> true?  Is there anyone who can fix it or is it not worth it?
>
> Please let me know.  Any help would truly be appreciated.
> Thanks

Gabe,

I don't think this is an expensive or hard to get lens.  Why not just
buy a replacement?

It probably can be repaired but could be costly for a first rate job.
Also if not done perfectly the optical characteristcs may change.

You might contact some of the repair sites that have been posted here
and ask them the cost first.

Dennis

- --
Experience is a tough teacher. It gives the test before the lesson.
- -unknown