Subject: Re: LUG Logo
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 06:14:43 -0700

On  3 Nov 97,  Alastair Firkin wrote:

> Thanks to Bert Keuken and his beautiful LUG logo. I've aquired it from
> Hans' page and placed a copy on my updated introduction page. It links
> with Rollei stuff at the present [my camera collection page], but I'll
> play around with the link and contents a bit to Leicaphile it again.
> Bert, can you tell me how you did the lettering. If it can be done in
> Photoshop 3 I'd be keen to give it a go.

A word of caution here, Alastair. I mentioned to Hans in private email
that the red meatball and the highly styled word Leica may be
trademarks of Leica and can not be used by other than themselves and
authorized dealers. I feel pretty sure that there is a reason that Jim
Kuehl does not use them in his Shutterbug ads.

It might be prudent to check with Leica on this, Perhaps they would say
"fine if not used by someone in the business". I frankly don't know,
but better safe than sorry. Sam Shoshan, recently authorized Leica
dealer reads this list. Sam, any comments?
- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer
       Leica Historical Society Of America