Subject: RE: roll call
From: Kim Sherman <ksherman@cottenmusic.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 12:55:20 -0600

Name:           Kim Sherman
Age:              36 as of July 22
Marital status:  Soon to be single again;   No children.
Training:         B.A. English, History  Belmont University, Nashville
Current Profession:   Co-owner, Cotten Music Center, Nashville
Cotten's website:  www.cottenmusic.com
Shop specializes in handmade and small-shop acoustic guitars.  We spend our
days matching the right guitar with the right player and listening to
songwriters/artists who've just gotten (or lost) that killer deal.  We're
soon to be offering digital images on our website.  I just purchased a Sony
Mavica FCD-7 digital camera for the shop's use.
Residence:    Nashville, TN
Former Profession:  Asst. V.P. Field Sales, Ingram Book Company, Nashville;
worked for Ingram nine years before quitting the corporate stage and
becoming a small business owner.  I'm working as hard or harder than ever,
but it's greatly rewarding.
Photo background:  self-taught; began when a teenager with the family Nikon
FM-2; put all photo activies aside during college and only recently began
again.  First Leica ever used:  my husband's M-2R and 35/2 Summicron.  I
was hooked on the Leica and the images it could produce from that point.
I'm still a true novice but I shooting with Leica, and I'm learning more
everyday....
Equipment:
Leica CL (purchased 3 years ago--it was my first Leica of my own); also,
companion 40/2 Summicron and 90/4-Elmar C lenses.
M-2 (1962)
M-6 (1995, chrome)
35/2 (latest spherical version)
50/2 (latest)
75/1.4 (on order)
Luna-Pro digital meter

Film favorites:  Was using Ilford XP-2 and TMAX 100.  Now using TMAX400CN
almost exclusively for B&W, with some TMAX 100, some Delta 100.  Color
negative film....still experimenting with finding the one(s) right for me.

Other interests:  my 10-year old Tonkinese cat  (she loves being
photographed); playing and collecting guitars (old Gibsons, new Collings);
collecting and using fountain pens (mostly vintage, a few new); collecting
first edition--in particular, modern poetry and southern fiction;  also,
spending time with friends, working out, collecting & drinking red wines.