Subject: Leica drop-testing
From: "shawnl@earthlink.net" <shawnl@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 1997 20:11:35 +0000

Eric Welch wrote:

>Nah, an SL2Mot with motor has been proven to be superior. Remember the one
>that fell from a jet for 5 miles and survived well enough to be repaired
>for $1,200.00? (Camera and 90 Summicron). Just try that with an EOS A2E!

That's pretty good.  I'm not sure if you or anybody else on the group saw
the letter in Popular Photography about a month ago from the aerial
photographer whose M2 slipped out of its mount and went out an open
window a few thousand feet up back in the 50's.  The guy found the camera
lodged in the mud at the end of one of the runways and sent it out for
service.  It was returned after a thorough cleaning and examination after
the technician found no damage except for scratches on the viewfinder
window.