Subject: Re: Leica drop-testing
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 1997 22:39:35 -0500

At 08:11 PM 11/2/97 +0000, Shawn wrote:
>That's pretty good.  I'm not sure if you or anybody else on the group saw
>the letter in Popular Photography about a month ago from the aerial
>photographer whose M2 slipped out of its mount and went out an open
>window a few thousand feet up back in the 50's.  The guy found the camera
>lodged in the mud at the end of one of the runways and sent it out for
>service.  It was returned after a thorough cleaning and examination after
>the technician found no damage except for scratches on the viewfinder
>window.

Well, there is a grand tale from LEICA PHOTOGRAPHY in the '50's of the
skydiver who had his Leica slip away in free-fall.  It fell 2,000 feet.  He
found it on the ground AND TOOK PICTURES WITH IT.  The RF had been broken,
but he guesstimated distance.  All else was fine.

Wow!

Marc

Marc James Small
Cha Robh Bas Fir, Gun Ghras Fir!