Subject: Re: 16mm hologon in M mount
From: Claes Bjerner <claes.bjerner@pi.se>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 97 22:29:26 -0000

Leslie Tseng wrote:

>I saw in a Japanese magazine (in the summer 1996) this Contax G
>16mm Hologon in M mount by OS Camera Service in Osaka, Japan.
>The price is 588,000 Yen--about US$5,000 that is about 2 times
>the price for Contax G mount!

I=B4m right now in the process of buying a ContaxG hologon converted =
to LeicaM mount. The price is certainly a lot cheaper than what you =
mention.

Chikuma Shokai in Tokyo offers the converted lens for 298 000 Yen - =
around US$2 500.

Matsubara Koki in Osaka will give you the converted Hologon for only =
231 000 Yen - less than US$2 000!! Including local tax!

However, I suspect the lens is not brand new in the latter case. The =
lowest price for a new ContaxG Hologon that I=B4ve seen advertised is =
210 000 Yen.

>> Sammy's Camera in their latest Shutterbug ad says they have available =
the
>> Contax 16mm Hologon in the Leica M mount. No mention of price, but it =
comes
>> with the viewfinder.
>>
>> Eric Welch

Viewfinder and filter is of course also included in the Japanese =
prices. But it would be interesting to know the price at Samy=B4s =
Camera. Can=B4t someone over there give them a call?

Claes