Subject: Re: Replying
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 08:01:43 -0800

Roger Beamon wrote:
> Another item has been rearing its head more frequently; that of posting
> to the list when the intent of the poster is to go via private email.
> It's happening simply because we're nonchalantly hitting the reply
> button and failing to check our headers to see where the post is being
> directed.

I am guilty occasionally, Roger.  Strangely, with some people's posts
the reply-personally works and with others it doesn't--but sends to list
no matter what unless I do the whole address change/delete.  Irritating,
to say the least.

Perhaps someday there will be increased compatibility of email systems
and standards.

Until then, vigilance!!

Donal Philby
San Diego