Subject: Re: New Kodak E200 slide film
From: chris@chrismorrow.com (Christoper Morrow)
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 15:59:22 -0500

At 9:02 AM -0400 on 10/22/97, Christoper Morrow wrote:

> Jim,
>
> I just came back from attending the NPPA Flying Short Course blah, blah,
>blah, snip, snip.
 Surprise, surprise:
> there were two rolls of a new Ektachrome film--Ektachrome 200.
>
> According to the reps, it's very sharp and pushable. The samples on their
> light box confirmed both statements. And one of the presenters, Steve Fine
> of Sports Illustrated showed some of the work of SI photogs who have used
> the film; looks good. I'll shoot one roll at 200, and the other at 320
> (according to the reps that is a one stop push). Let you know how it looks.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Chris

Just got my first "test" roll back today (via a PK36 mailer sent to Fair
Lawn), and the slides look excellent. Mostly took pix of fallen leaves on
the ground as well as in and on our pond. Using a Schneider 4x
(non-aspherical) loupe, there is excellent sharpness.

I'll next shoot the other test roll at 400 and have it pushed one stop from
its normal 200 speed. This film may save me big bucks on my next long lens
purchase, hopefully a 400mm or 500mm glass lens. I could go with a 400 f5.6
instead of a f3.5 version (I'm interested in wildlife and birds).

Cheers,

Chris

Christopher Morrow
Christopher Morrow Photography		Canandaigua, NY
716.394.8810 phone			716.394.4953 fax
http://www.chrismorrow.com