Subject: Re: E200
From: chris@chrismorrow.com (Christoper Morrow)
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 10:18:20 -0500

At 10:19 PM -0800 on 11/10/97, Jim Brick wrote:

> Anyone, other than me, get samples of the new Ektachrome 200 (E200)? It's
> T-Grain technology and pushable up to EI 1000. The results look somewhat
> like Kodachrome, that is, the reds are really bright. No Fuji greens
> though. It's difficult to tell the difference between EI 200, 400, & 800
> (normal, pushed 1 stop, pushed 2 stops). Shadow detail is still there,
> although a little more subdued at 800. But the overall color balance looks
> great.
>
> Jim

Jim,

Yes, I've got some of it (a brick, in fact). I did mention in a messae to
this list on 11/3 that I'd gotten a couple of sample rolls from Kodak when
I attended the Flying Short Course put on by NPPA.

I've gotten back one of the two rolls. I shot it at its nominal rating of
200. I'm extremely pleased with the results. Even tho' most of my
commercial work is people, I shot mostly nature with this film using a
tripod. I like the color and fine grain very much. Am looking forward to
shooting the second roll soon at 320, which Kodak says is a one stop push.

BTW, the 20 rolls that I ordered and received after testing the first roll
have the exact same emulsion number as the two test rolls. And I ordered
the film from a vendor in Belmont, MA, no less (Zeff Photo; they only had
the one brick last week. Unique Photo in NJ has 20 roll boxes of it).

Cheers,

Chris morrow

Christopher Morrow
Christopher Morrow Photography		Canandaigua, NY
716.394.8810 phone			716.394.4953 fax
http://www.chrismorrow.com