Subject: Re: Focussing 70-180 APO
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 1997 23:26:27 -0600

At 10:11 PM 11/4/97 -0500, you wrote:

>tack sharp when the distance indicator was on 300 feet.
>Even when used without the extender infinity is not exactly at the
>'mechanical end' of the lens.=A0 Perhaps 1 to 2 mm from the end to be tack
>sharp.
>
>Is that something to worry?

No, there isn't anything wrong. Long lenses have sometimes some play built
into the focusing around infinity that compensates for the lens changing
physical size with different temperatures. And I remember reading in an old
Leica brochure that the 2X converter did do something like that.

So don't worry.
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

I am Homer of Borg, prepare to be assim...ooh, donuts!