Subject: Re: I respectfully agree with Ted ;-)
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 1997 22:59:40 -0600

At 12:40 AM 11/5/97 -0500, you wrote:

>There are folks who believe the more you shoot the greater your chance of
>getting "the" picture. Because if you use enough film you are bound to get
>the perfect photograph sooner or later.=A0 "WRONG!"

You're right, Ted. That's one of the worst canards in photography. One can
shoot a thousand rolls of film and not come up with a good picture. And
some can shoot a half a roll and come up with three or four.

Ansel Adams (sorry guys) once said a photographer who comes up with a dozen
good negatives in a year had a good year. Of course, we're talking about
photography at the highest level.

I've seen portfolios of photographers who have no clue how bad they are.
They apply for jobs way out of their skill level, and they aren't even good
enough to know where they stand on the skill scale. :-)=20

I think if I get a great picture a week, I'm doing well.=20

I got one this week on the way home from a football game. Glad I looked off
the road! Check my opening web page. A very saturated rainbow!

I can go a couple weeks without getting one single picture that satisfies
me. No matter how many rolls of film I shoot. But fortunately, that's
getting rarer as I mature.
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO