Subject: Re: Tim Page, Horst Faas interview on NPR
From: newport_m@utpb.edu (Mark Newport)
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 97 07:58:42 -0800

Luggers,

A tape or transcript of the (5 Nov) Horst Faas and Tim Page "Fresh Air"
book interview can be obtained at:

1-888-NPR-NEWS  24 hours a day

 It was a informative discussion on photography during the Vietnam War with
a cool segment on the superiority of the Leica rangefinder. Faas spoke of
the Leica as the being the only camera that allowed the photographer to be
aware of things going on around you (shooting w/ both eyes open) which he
felt was a great advantage in combat. If you are interested in Leica M's or
war photojournalism (and I am), it is a well done interview.  I am going to
drag out my copy of "Page After Page" and go through it cover to cover this
weekend.

Mark

posted @ 10:00 am CST